This course prepares case workers for situations that can arise while working in the client's home directly with children and families. In this training, participants will discuss challenges associated with working with families in their homes and how to manage stressful situations while keeping oneself and the families safe. Participants will learn how to spot unsafe situations. Be advised that this is an introductory training with basic information most helpful to new case workers. It would be a reminder of best practices to those who have been in the field longer.
Once checkout is complete, you will be routed to your dashboard. You must now select which session to attend. Click the course title to see course details. Then click Content near the top. Then click the purple course title, which should be #1 in the content list. Then click the purple “Register” button. Select the session you’d like to attend. Confirm the session in the popup by clicking “Register.”
IF YOU DO NOT CONFIRM A SESSION, YOU WILL NOT BE FULLY ENROLLED.
If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please either email email@example.com or call 531-301-5079.
- January 29, 1-3pm at Project Harmony
- February 21, 1-3pm at Project Harmony
- March 7, 9-11am at Project Harmony
- May 17, 1-3pm at Project Harmony
Please contact the Project Harmony Training Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations for participants hard of hearing
- Describe general roles of a home visit worker
- Discuss the types of safety threats and be able to identify indicators of potentially dangerous situations
- Build communication skills that can help de-escalate a situation
- Recognize the different response options when faced with a safety threat and when to utilize each option
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Certificate of Completion
Your cart is empty